Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catching you Up

Okay, I'm going to give a Reader's Digest version. Met ManFriend™ in April. Hit it off. Shared a bit of my history with him. Slowly. In passing comments. (Just top line info--divorced because of cheating. Not the gruesome details). He shared his. He's been married twice. The first wife cheated. Second one it didn't work out. He remains on good terms with both. Number 1 was a long time relationship and they have realized they can be friends (kind of like me with my Number 1). Number 2 recently remarried. He's been divorced since 2005. No children. He checked out on myfloridacounty.com

Went on dates. Had fun. Invited him to my place to watch a movie. Did it.  

No MUTHA FUCKIN RED FLAGS!

Oh but you know me...it creeps into my mind. This guy can't be real. I'm missing something. All guys suck.

I kept it under wraps. It is easy to be cool chick in the beginning. Waking up with fresh breath--thanks to oral hygiene done at 0600 in the morning before he wakes up. Clear sparkling skin--thanks to powder and blush applied after oral hygiene. Always perky--thanks to wine and sex.

Here we are 4 months later. He leaves his cell phone on the counter. There is no slinking away to text. He takes Daisy for walks (actually he runs with her). He scoops out the cat box. He puts dishes in the dishwasher.

Normal people would think...I am in a relationship with someone that is my emotional equal. That would be too easy. And sane.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you are happy! I miss your blog posts!! BUT I am glad you are getting it on. Just go with it. Dont be afraid. You know the signs to look for. You can do this. You are doing it. Just breathe!!! Make sure he is good enough for you. You deserved to be loved really well.
    oh and by the way. It is easier to write songs when you wanna get something off your chest too. Cathartic. It is so much harder when you are happy and creating fake angst.
    take care!!! big mama

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!