Tuesday, February 15, 2011

There Are ALWAYS Strings Attached


I think that people should not live with regret. Particularly regretting fucking someone. I am experiencing that with Out of Town Liaison™ right now. Who would ever dream a guy several states away could be annoying and bordering on wacky? I had given him the "it ain't happening again" talk. I really thought he would be fine with it. We just "did it". There was no romance, spooning, cuddling, cooing or any of that shit. He had invited me to meet him in the Keys and then to go skiing with him. I politely declined both invites. He started to text me more. People, I am 45. I can text faster than a Japanese schoolgirl (was that culturally insensitive? I say it with love), but I don't want some guy sending me bullshit texts at night.  Saturday night was the Text to Break Penelope's Back. Short story long, he used to be in a band. He was with his old band mates. They were celebrating a new record deal. He sent pictures of them celebrating. There were tons of women in the pictures. I didn't respond. I did silently wish he would fuck one of them to get him to leave me alone (who have I become?). At 0147 am I hear my phone ding. I usually ignore late night texts because they are often from douches. I look at it and he says, "We are heading to my house to party and a truckload of sluts are coming along." 

Thoughts:
  1. I can't believe I let this idiot anywhere near my precious poonanny.
  2. Why is he acting this way? My niece says he is and I quote, "Pissed off that he didn't get picked for the team." I'm not sure if she thinks I have a sex team, but I get that he is feeling like he was dissed.
  3. How do you block texts on an Iphone?
I went back to sleep and conferred with my posse the next day. I got a Posse Approved Reply™ that read, "We do not have a 0200 am texting relationship. Please stop. I am with someone and it is unacceptable that you keep contacting me." (he didn't need to know I was with my dog and cats). He replied, "Understood. I'm sorry."

Okay, check that one of the list.

It makes me wonder. Can guys hold in the fact that they totally don't respect women? The "truckload" comment really bugged me. I don't care if he was drunk.I always say alcohol is a great truth serum.

I've said it before and I've said it all kinds of ways: There are ALWAYS Strings Attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!