Sunday, November 21, 2010

Who's this?

Have you ever sent a text to someone and got the reply, "Who's this?" That is a euphemism for:
  • You're not important enough for me to have saved your number
  • We are no longer friends--I deleted your number
  • I'm so fucking lazy that I never save numbers
It sucks no matter which one it is. I usually save the no longer friends or I don't want to see you again numbers just so I know who I'm dealing with when and if I get a call or text. I am much kinder when I receive texts from unknown numbers. I usually write something like, "Hi, I got a new phone. Who is this please?" Little do they know I am the Queen of all that is Techiness™ and I have contacts saved in 3 places....

I had the joy of using my line the other night. It was a guy that I "saw" a few times when I first moved back to Tampa. I had deleted his number because I figured I would not talk/"see" him anymore. I used my line and he replied with his name. I then said something like, "oh, I had deleted you." It was awesome. He requested that I save his number. You guessed it--gone.

1 comment:

  1. Another option: My eyesight is so poor now, I can't read caller id at a glance anymore....

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!