Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boobs + Truth = New iphone

The hair was perfect, the makeup flawless, the shirt LOW cut. I signed in at the Apple store. I sat on a stool waiting for my name to be called. A young guy came over in the familiar blue shirt and said, "Penelope?" I smiled and told him my iphone had been submerged in water and it was my fault and it wasn't worth going into the story. He asked when I got it and looked up my psychotic apple buying history. I don't know if it was the fact I had purchased every model of ipod since they came out, a computer, ipads 1 and 2 or the boobs. He said, "I can replace it. If you have to replace the second one it will be $199." I asked if I could hug him. He smiled and went to get the new phone. When he came back I asked if replacing the phone was standard or if it was up to the individual's discretion. He paused and I said, "It was you, right?" He smiled. I thanked him and asked his name--it was Gus.

I left with a smile and went to buy a thank you card and an AMEX gift card. I hurried back to the store and gave it to him. I thanked him for going above and beyond the call of duty.

My new phone shall be referred to as "Gus".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!