Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Latte Factor

You all know I DVR Oprah. She had a thing on there about the Debt Diet the other day. One of the guests, David Bach, has come up with a checklist he calls The Latte Factor. It comes from spending lots of money at Starbucks and the like. I am not a coffee drinker, so it is not a place I frequent. He brings up a great point about spending money on things that are a waste. Here's the checklist (double click if not showing in full size):



I'm going to do this checklist. Off the top of my head I know it is going to Target with 1 or 2 things on my list and leaving 200 bucks lighter...but with some cute things I never knew I needed! I also buy food from restaurants. A lot. I am a good cook. I have that f'ed up thing about cooking for myself. I will spend 20 bucks on take out dinner when I could cook something for a 1/4 of that amount. Books are another thing. I probably have (I shit you not), more than 50 hardbacks that I have not read. Oh but that doesn't keep me from buying 5 at a time when I walk into my fave store Inkwood. Note to self...make appointment with shrink. Seriously, this is interesting. Let's all do the checklist...

1 comment:

  1. The DAvid BAch books are actually great reading. Reading his new one now. I remember reading about the Latte Factor (TM) about 4 years ago in the Automatic Millionaire. Makes so much sense. I still buy coffee at Bux though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!