Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Analyzing

It is so funny how women can analyze and rationalize things. You all know I went on a date last Wednesday night. We met at 7 pm for a glass of wine and left at 10:30 (2 glasses of wine). He seemed interested,it was his idea to get glass number 2 of vino, we laughed and he asked me all kinds of questions about me. As he walked me to my car he said, "let's do this again" and hugged me good night.

So, it is a week later. Nada. I'm okay with it. Here's a cut and paste from my bible, He's Just Not That Into You:


What You Should Have Learned in This Chapter
• An excuse is a polite rejection. Men are not afraid of "ruining the friendship."
• Don't get tricked into asking him out. If he likes you, he'll do the asking.
• If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.
• Just because you like to lead doesn't mean he wants to dance. Some traditions are born of nature and last through time for a reason.
• "Hey, let's meet at so-and-so's party/any bar/friend's house" is not a date. Even if you live in New York.
• Men don't forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.
• You are good enough to be asked out.

I think my friend Polly is worried I will be crushed. Betty just texted me, "maybe he is busy?"  My reply, there are too many ways to communicate--text, phone, email. There is no such thing as "too busy." I got a massage today and J told it like it was, "he's a pussy and probably was afraid to just say thanks" (after we met a and instead said goodbye with let's get together talk). 

  1. I'm fine
  2. There is no such thing as too busy
  3. Most likely a pussy
Is it karma for all my screenshots from match????

4 comments:

  1. There is NO such thing as too busy. It takes two seconds to send a text saying "How are you" or "Thanks". Not communicating is just rude and shows he is selfish and self absorbed. Good thing to find that out now and not years from now I think. Even if he was "busy", how long does it take to send a text or email saying "I want to see you again but things are crazy right now"? I just typed that in under 5 seconds. Rude is rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my opinion. If there was a connection, he should have made contact by now, unless his mother died or something. So it wasn't meant to be. No karma involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Sandy. I guess my point is that if I met someone and decided she wasn't for me I would still contact her and let her know that. Am I the only one that thinks that way?

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!