Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pen in the Haystack

Do you ever lose things in your house? Welcome to my life. I am sure I have blogged about the frickin Montblanc pen that I keep looking for. I know that bitch is tucked away in a purse laughing at me. I just did one of those neurotic, mustfinditnow, exercises. I dug through all my purses (again). Here's what I found:
  • 7 bucks--cool
  • £2 (yay I just figured out how to do the pound symbol). What good is £2 (option 3 by the way) to me here???
  • 2 almost brand new pressed powders. Good, but I just bought another one last week...
  • Enough tampons to provide feminine protection for the entire state of Florida for the next year.
  • Several corks. As in wine. This may not be a good sign...
  • A couple of nice lipglosses...excellent.
  • Some of my business cards that have "RN" after my name. The last batch they sent me were without the RN. Glad I found those.
  • Lots of crumbled up receipts from Target.
  • My nice prescription sunglasses (didn't even know I had lost them thanks to new contacts).
  • 3 headsets--one set being my nice ones to listen to music. Again, excellent.
  • Lots of smashed up PowerBars. I don't even like PowerBars.
  • An almost full bottle of Xanax from more than a year ago. Bonus! and an excellent sign that I am not a druggie.
  • Lots of gum. My purses smell minty fresh.
  • Tons of pens...but not the FUCKING pen I am looking for.

Just like anything in life, that pen will show up when I least expect it!


7 comments:

  1. The answer to this is not to change purses everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip...I know it's you, Sulie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing because I actually look through my purses just for fun. It is amazing what one can find in there. (Psst. Look between the cushions of the couch.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy--I am heading to the couch now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it was me, I just love my pewter purse that my sissie gave me, I cannot change!

    Sulie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is SO funny. I am actually laughing out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!