Saturday, January 8, 2011

Recycle Bin Sleuthing

They are the best way to get to "know" your neighbors. I was walking Daisy yesterday and I realized you can spy without being noticed. You just stand there while the dog sniffs and pees. Look casual. Act like you are enjoying the day when you are actually counting how many empty wine bottles are in the guy's bin 2 streets over. Don't give him any slack--assume he drank it all himself. Notice who partakes in delicious PBR in can vs. the expensive bottle import beer. See who is the cat freak with 5 jumbo plastic cat litter containers.  Pass judgment on the asshole that put non recyclables in the bin. Smile when you see that the Recycle truck drivers have thrown the shit back in the bin in a "fuckyouidiot" fashion. 

Alas, I can not cast stones--I've been known to ration the amount of wine bottles I put in my bin. I also stuff the bottles under piles of newspaper. Something that initially looks like this...


Can easily be transformed to this...


At least we are all recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!