Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bedroom as a symbol of relationship

I was watching In the bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman. She helps couples deal with relationship/sex issues. It can be entertaining, sad and/or quite funny. She always goes and looks at the bedroom. She says the couple's bedroom is a symbol of their relationship. There are couples that let their kids sleep with them. Some that one will sleep in the bed while the other is on the coach. The rooms can be totally messy or not decorated. I really thought LB was onto something...

It made me think back to bedrooms that I've shared with boys/men.

  • College boyfriend: We had a blow up beach ball of a globe hanging from the ceiling, a second hand dresser, a double bed on the floor with a view of the parking lot. It was a loft, so it was cute. 
  • G: We lived in a few places. I remember the rooms always being nest with the typical bed, night stands, and pictures.
  • Bald Headed Bastard: It was his bedroom set. An ugly ass modern kinda Scan Design looking thing. It was sterile. And boring. 
  • Husband #1 The Duke of Narciss: It was my bedroom set that was kinda girlie but we were poor. We lived on the beach and had a view of the Gulf. 
  • Husband #2 Cheating Mutha Fucka: Really nice. Beautiful wood floors, sitting area, pretty furniture, kick ass lamps and I always had sassy bedding.
First, I would like to observe that I have shacked up quite a bit! But I digress. I don't agree with Dr. Laura Berman. My sassiest bedroom was violated by a Vietnamese 'ho. The happiest, sanest relationships were in apartments with rooms that weren't anything fabulous. It has to do with the people in the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!