Monday, March 21, 2011

Ghosts in general

I was with a Polly today driving over to Hyde Park Village. She used a road to cut through that I NEVER use. It is the road that Dillhole's house is on. I couldn't resist.I looked right as we drove by. There was a woman on the front porch arranging flowers in a pot. Geraniums. Red ones. I'm sure it was a girlfriend. It was weird. He is the one guy that I spent the best years of my ass on. Polly asked me if it bugged me. At first it didn't. I knew he was dating someone. It had been years since we we're together in a romantic sense. The more I thought about it, the more it bugged me. I don't know if I can even describe the type of "bugging me" feeling it was. He is the one guy that I put my life on hold to be with. I think it brought up anger at myself for the time I sent (therapy has taught me to refrain from using the word "wasted").

It seems like guys just compartmentalize and move on. Maybe there is a lesson there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!