Sunday, March 27, 2011

Changing words to songs

That last post reminded me of all the songs I have changed/misunderstood the words to over the years. I'm having Déjà blog™.  I may have written about this before, but it is worth another go.

Blinded by the Light-Bruce
"Wrapped up like a douche you know the runner in the night" is really...

Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night

Tom Sawyer-Rush

"Maybe as his EYES are wide" is really...

The world is, the world is
Love and life are deep
Maybe as his
skies are wide

Sweet Emotion-Aerosmith
"Some stuck up mama with a face like a gent" is really...

Some sweat hog mama with a face like a gent
Said my get up and go musta got up & went.
You got good news but you're a real good liar
Cause backstage lover set your pants on fire.

This one I used to belt out of the back of my Mom's light green Monte Carlo with the white landau top--

Barracuda-Heart
"Back over time, we were apart, trying to pee, you ran the forest for me, no right no wrong, singing a song, a wisp again" is really...

Back over time when we were all
Trying for free
Met up with porpoise and me
No right no wrong your selling a song
A name whisper game


3 comments:

  1. Strangers in the night, exchanging rubbers. This one is too tight, you have another?

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!