Thursday, March 24, 2011

Maria at Old Navy

I don't think I have blogged about a "Maria" in a long time. We got the news that my cousin's father was dying. She flew quickly got a ticket and flew in from Hilo to be in Ocala. She had to scramble to get ready and (not to be morbid) we weren't sure how long he had to live. She mentioned she had mostly shorts and Hawaii type clothes. I ran by Old Navy and got a couple of things she could wear to the nursing home, etc. In Hilo she dresses pretty casual (like I would if I didn't work for the MAN). The cashier asked me if I needed a gift receipt. I was in that manic, tell everyone your business mode (you know you do it too). I told her "no" and explained the clothes (I thought she may wonder why I was buying smalls...) She smiled and whispered, "I just gave you 30% off." What a MARIA! Interestingly enough, if you recall, the first Maria was at the Banana.  Old Navy and Banana are owned by the same company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!