Friday, April 9, 2010

So Much to Say...

I have not had much time to blog since my efforts are focusing blow out my numbers with work.  I've had so much in my head and I will put it in one post to consolidate my moves...Let's see:
  • I got contacts for the first time this week. Learning to put them in reminds me of learning to insert a tampon!
  • Reminds me of when I was in nursing school. I was waiting tables and a really nice girl, well she was a lady, waited tables with me. One busy lunch she came to me with teary eyes and said, "Penelope, I can't get my diaphragm out." My first thought was, "who the hell uses a diaphragm in 1990?" Then I thought, "why me?" being the take charge chick that I am, I said follow me to the bathroom now. I put her in one stall and I got in the one next to her. I stood on the toilet and called out plays over the partition.  "Put your thumb like this. Crouch. Get thumb under it. Deep breath. Pull!" We had success. I told her to wash her hands and I ran out into my station. I had 4 tables that had been sat and they were all PISSED. Next time your server is no where to be found, consider, she may be instructing a friend on diaphragm removal...
  • The mining accident. How does that happen in 2010? I had Hazard, KY in my territory years ago. I remember driving up the winding road with the rep that covered that area. The doctor in the emergency room told us we should not spend the night and that we needed to drive back to Lexington RIGHT NOW. He said they averaged 2-4 patients gorked on crystal meth every night. Very sad. It still amazes me that the quality of life varies so much in our country.
  • Computer Feng Shui. I just had to look that up and I spelled it right! I had a shrink appointment this week. We talked about stress. I described how I get home, get mail out of mailbox, unlock door, open said mail. go to home computer, pay bills online, read and reply to emails, walk in kitchen, type password in on work lap top, read and then respond to work emails. My home lap top is in my little office. I keep my work lap top on the bar in my (not sure what to call this room) family room? T.V. room? Cat Lounging Area? The name of the room doesn't matter, but the placement of the computer does. It is like a big annoying zit. It is quiet but it is ugly and it hurts. Lynn suggested that I come in after work and be still. Still. I know the meaning of the word. I'm not sure how to be...STILL. She also told me to move the computer.
  • Dating men in their 50's-I had a girl's breakfast meeting today and we talked about our favorite subject--MEN. I have this mental block against guys over 50. How assholish is that? I'm 45! I do have some kind of skewed belief that older men are boring, we would have nothing in common, they can't get it up and they have saggy butts! I'm so shallow! (and so are my friends). Let's just say my therapist has job security...
  • Going back to the computer thing--Have you ever turned your cell and lap top off? It's heaven. When I went to the UK a couple of months ago, I turned my phone off (because the rates were so high). It was weird at first. I was like a crack head without my pipe. As the days went on, I found that it was nice. 
  • Speaking of crack--I started drinking Coca-Cola again. I'm back on the shit. I convinced myself I needed the caffeine kick when I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago. I am going to replace the Coke™ with Wine™.
  • That reminds me...do you need to replace one bad habit with another or can one completely kick the habit? Another post for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow ... where to start? How about the obvious, because this is on my mind lately. The subject of dating and age. Now, as usual, Penelope has me soul searching, I am remembering that every decently good relationship (rare in itself) I have ever had in my life, dating back to high school, was with women older than me (or at least my age ... which is Penelope+1). I know it sounds like a line also, but the looks issue has never been a concern to me. It was always about their sense of humor, and whether they found my sense of humor funny or not (harder than it sounds). Case in pojnt, my high school GF was a year older than me (plus she had a car when I was 15 ... added bonus points ... lost my virginty in that Ford Torino ... but I digress) and my current is 7.5 years older than me (though this one being called a decent relationship is iffy, though we HAVE lasted 16 years - for whatever that's worth.). The infamous Joy was younger than me. Everytime I got involved with someone younger it has blown up in my face one way or the other. So is that the opposite of the "Man in his 50's" syndrome, since I am not shallow (Penelope's words) when it comes to looks, body type, etc.?

    Discuss .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny topic, men and the age of attraction. Now of course I am a married woman, but if I were single, I would have no issues dating older guys. In general, they are more financially secure and don't act like sex-starved idiots. (I said in general!! There are exceptions for everything!) Many don't agree with me though. I almost got in a fight with my hairdresser (who is only a few years younger than me) over this very topic. One of my high school friends, still unmarried and is 44, will only date guys younger than her (almost cougarishly younger). Oh well. Whatever makes ya happy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!