Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking for a new home

I couldn't stay at the beach forever.  Sulie got me in with her counselor right away.  I was a mess.  I kept blaming myself for not seeing that he was such a liar.  Did I mention along with the creepy websites I also found numerous hotel charges for local hotels on days that I was in town?  That and the fact that he was in LOVE with Peach Flower was more than I could handle.  Thank Buddha for Miss Brown. She kept my boss posted as I pulled myself together  We had a meeting coming up.  I realized in my Xanax induced haze that I had packed away all my business clothes.  All I had were jeans, t-shirts and sandals.  I had to find a place to live and get back to work.

Luckily I was able to rent a condo from an old boyfriend for 1000 bucks.  It was 3,500 sq. feet and really nice.  The housing market was so bad here that he and his business partner were happy to get some income.  In a daze, I went with Sulie to Rooms to Throw (yay for 1 year no interest), Best Buy for a T.V. and Thomasville for a bedroom set.

Sulie was my savior.  She drank with me, she listened to me tell the same stories over and over, she spent the night with me so I wouldn't be alone.

2 comments:

  1. that was a great condo - great spare room with a great air mattress too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... the air mattress has been upgraded to a real bed. Let me guess--is this Cherry???

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!