Sunday, December 27, 2009

October 27, 2007

"Good Night, I love you. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!" Nice words--except when they are written to your husband from another woman. I grabbed the kitchen counter as the room swirled around me. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach. I looked back at the senders name. It was a bizarre 3 letter name that looked Asian. Waves of nausea rolled over me as I scrolled through texts between John and HER. Apparently they had a plan to meet the following day after I took off for Birmingham. I didn't cry. I didn't yell. I was calm. I thought about what to do next. John had already gone to bed. We were at our lake house (a.k.a. The Camp--more about that and the Deliverance Like Culture of Louisiana later...). I needed to leave. Fast. I crept down the hall. I could hear him snoring. I had on a tank top with no bra and drawstring pajama bottoms. I grabbed the keys to my car, my purse and his BlackBerry. I weaved through the dark roads trying to get a cell signal. I knew I wouldn't get one for at least 10 minutes. I kept hitting buttons on his BlackBerry to keep it from locking. We both worked for the same company and I knew his BlackBerry would go into password mode in 10 minutes. My mind raced as I drove. He was cheating. He was "in love" with his "soulmate." Yes, he had texted her that she was his soulmate. WTF?! Why did I move to the armpit of Louisiana if he was going to cheat on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!