Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What Guys Say Part Deux

So I was writing while I had color and highlights being done. I am done-- coiffed and back at my computer. Remember the quote from my guy friend, "Success is the best  revenge"? It is so true.I sent a case of Vienna Sausages, I sent scorching texts to both him and Pao, I left voicemails that would curl your toes.  I subscribed to all kinds of parenting magazines in both their names and checked "bill me later".   I was out of control. I was trying to understand it, fix it, make him pay, make her pay...none of it worked. Special Ops Boy (as I referred to the Navy guy) was the one that got through to me. The lightbulb went off. It was so easy.  So Zen. So Oprah.  I was happy.  I lived back in Florida.  I was close to my sister and friends.  I could get to Nordstrom's in less than 10 minutes. There was the beach, Bayshore, Pilates, Mad Dog's and Englishmen, PUBLIX (no more stank ass Albertson's).  That stuff is just stuff but I am a Florida girl. I love the sun, the smell, I can name all the birds and plants, but most of all, in Florida I can heal.

He ignored me at the meeting. He looked down when I passed (with my posse in tow). He never went out. On day 3, I stepped out to get a bottle of water.  He was out in the hall. I asked if he planned on acknowledging me.  He said, "hello, you look nice. It looks like you are doing well." Ahhh....this was the best revenge that Special Ops boy spoke about. We agreed to meet that evening to have a glass of wine and have our farewell. I knew I would never see him again (and it was good).

We met and talked about the boys. I smiled and asked questions. It was very short and then we got up to go to a dinner. It was the award night where everyone lets loose. I lost him in the crowd. One of my operatives told me that he was watching me the whole night. I was thrilled to report that I received that information with indifference.

I went to my room and I received a text from him:


I am in my room. 1004
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Yes, Success is the best revenge.


4 comments:

  1. You are my new YouTube. My new distraction from work. Your computer keys must be smoking hot. Remember, get it all out by 1/1/2010 and then to the future and beyond. I think of John as Gollum and you are Arwen. There, I am officially a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I installed a counter and more than 500 unique views have occurred. It is truly my intent for others to learn and laugh from this. I have until midnight tomorrow to get it all out. Lucky I type fast and I have old docs to cut and paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you ignore the text that night - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did ignore it. As you can tell, I forwarded all important texts to my email. I took joy in sending it back to him a few months later with my own flaming commentary--of course this was before I had reached the enlightenment that I possess now..(:

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!