Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What guys say

This is the first time I've posted from my iPhone. Forgive typos. I just looked at the counter and 300+ people have viewed this. That is wild. I hope it helps people that have just found out their partner was not who he or she thought they were. Note I said he or she. Phil (attorney with best quote ever "his erection is no longer your concern") told me he had more clients that the wife was the cheater. I "dated" okay, let me rephrase, "entertained" a guy off and on for the last year (part of my Internet dating experience). He is in the Navy and divorced. His wife cheated on him while he was deployed. He gave me some of the best advice. We were talking about revenge and how it can eat you alive. He said that "Success is the best revenge." He told me this after the Vienna shipment (I never told him that story. It tends to make men cringe--sidebar, tell the story to a guy. If he laughs you know he's packing heat. If he grimaces you know he's below average. But I digress.) Back to success as the best revenge...


I worked at the same company as John. I had found out I was being laid off (ironically he was not). The company told us we were gone in 6 months. Nice. Our national sales meeting was scheduled. At this point I had told my boss I was getting a divorce. I kept it topline only. He knew it was ugly but didn't press me for details. So...national meeting meant you know who would be there. My boss told me I didn't need to go. I was being laid off anyway. Long corporate b.s. story--end result was HR said I had to go. Fuck. Initiate plan get fabulous. My ass was on the stepper, I ate popcorn for lunch and dinner and drank water. I bought 5 dresses that rocked. I got my hair did the day before I left. Speaking of hair (I am at salon now). Miss Brown deftly told key big mouths my story. I never bad mouthed John. I let gossip take its course...


You should have seen how he was received. He was a pariah. It was like he was oil dropped into a pool of water. People always knew us as the cute couple. There I was--spanx wearing, standing tall and looking sassy. He sat alone with his goober friend. I would look at his head. It looked like a big basketball. Why didn't I notice that before?


Eek. Time to get color washed out. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!