Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Road to Sanity

So Sulie and I packed up the company car and headed east. Mai was in the back in her carrier. Cats are so intuitive. She knew things were shaky. She just sat in the carrier with her wise face. Thanks to a friend that is married to a physician, I had a full bottle of Xanax 0.5 mg. I was on a strict Q 4 hour regimen. As we crossed the state line into Alabama, I remembered that I had not talked to my boss or asked about moving back to Florida. What about the company car? I mentioned my fear to Sulie. She suggested another Xany. She was driving. That was against fleet rules. It was a safety thing though, right? I couldn't drive on Xanax...


It is hazy, but I think Miss Brown took charge (Miss Brown: wonder twin and co-worker). We reasoned that I covered the Southeast and Florida was part of the territory. I am sure she talked to my boss. Sidebar on the name "Miss Brown". Years ago I was shopping in Ross for affordable fashion. A woman across from me grabbed a gold sequin top and promptly said to her friend, "Miss Brown, can I axe you, where would I wear this if I was to buy it today?" "Miss Brown" became the precursor to any important question.


I don't remember much about the 13 hour drive to Tampa other than drive thru coke and Xanax. One of Sulie's friends owned a condo on St Pete Beach. She generously offered it to me for as long as I needed it. All I had to pay was the cleaning fee. Another one of the many angels that came forward. Every once in a while I would ask Sulie how I was going to afford an apartment in Tampa plus 2 mortgages in the armpit of Louisiana (let me change that--it was now the asshole of Louisiana). Her reply "isn't it time for another Xanax?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!