Sunday, February 21, 2010

Angel Time™

You might think this is going to be some heart felt post about angels. It is actually about procrastination. I record CBS News Sunday Morning every week. I get the newspaper in front of me, I make breakfast and I watch it while I flip through the papers. It is a Sunday ritual. I imagine my future man will watch with me. He will sit on the love seat, I will sit on the chair as he rubs my feet as we watch TV. This will be after we've had fabulous morning sex...okay, back to procrastination.

I used to go to a fabulous massage therapist. I'll call her Patti. She was honestly the best I massage therapist I have ever gone to and was late for every appointment. I would get a text telling me she was on her way, or could we move it 30 minutes, 60 minutes or sometimes to another day! I went with it because she was so great. One day Miss Penelope was in The Punisher™ mode. Patti called me and I went off. I told her I was tired of her always being late. I told her it was inconsiderate and a crummy way to run a business. Her reply was that she operates on "Angel Time." WTF is Angel Time. I think it made need a ™. Well, Angel Time™ is some BULLSHIT! I told her I would have to go someone else and said goodbye. I cooled off and she sent me a text later that week asking me to come in for a complimentary massage. I took her up on it. She was on time for that appointment. This was while I was dating John. I told her all about him. Miss Angel Time™ is very into astology. She knew I was a Pisces. As she worked out the knots, I told her how fabulous John was. She asked his birthday. I told her June 1. Her hands froze. She said, "Penelope, you have to break up with him now." I laughed and asked, "why?" He's a Gemini and Pisces can NEVER be in a relationship with a Gemini. She went on for the rest of the appointment. It wasn't very relaxing. I said he was a great guy. She told me to find out his birth time and that she could do his chart. She said he might have a moon or sun (or whatever I forgot the lingo) that may make him an exception to the Pisces/Gemini rule. I told John and he laughed. His Mother was deceased and he had no idea what time he was born (and I honestly wasn't interested in having Patti do his chart). I think we all know how this Pisces/Gemini pairing ended up. I am supposed to be with Scorpios according to Patti. I have never dated a Scorpio. Well, I continued to see Patti until I moved to Louisiana. She was better about time, but still late (the annoying texts asking to move the appointments ceased). After I moved back I called Patti for an appointment. I told her my story and she said, "I told you he's a FUCKING GEMINI and you should not be with him!" I started back with her for massage. Angel Time™ was in full swing. I talked to her about it. She assured me it wouldn't happen again. It did. I never went back. She will text me from time to time and I will let her know how I'm doing. I think she just knows why I haven't gone back.


I have several friends that operate on Angel Time™. Watching this segment made me understand them better. They interviewed a Mom that said she feels like when she has a open block of 10 minutes that she needs to fill it with starting a load of laundry or tidying up a room. I totally get that. I see myself doing that same thing. This morning I started a load of laundry, I organized my closet, I vacuumed all within a 30 minute period. I feel like I am always running. The show showed a book on how to stop procrastinating. I don't know if it can help my "Punctually Challenged" friends. I think they are just busy. 


As for Patti, aka Angel Time™, I think she was just a mess...

2 comments:

  1. Angle Time, huh. Sounds sweet...but...

    Procrastion = Too tired because I showered, fixed lunches, woke the kids, got them in the shower, put out their clothes, fixed breakfast coffee tea, got them OUT of the shower, made sure they ate breakfast, hustled them upstair to brush their teeth and hair, oh don't forget deodorant stinky boy, put on make up, attempted something with my hair, got dressed, are book bags ready? got your lunches?, loaded the dishwasher, oh grabbed my lunch, drove to school, got to work, and drank my coffee, by 8:00 am. I'm exhausted

    -L

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!