Friday, February 5, 2010

Texting

I get daily emails from urban dictionary. Today it is...
Slurring Your Text: When you're so drunk that your texts are unreadable.
Texting has changed our world. I am going to see how many tacky/stupid things I've seen/heard people do in texts and just start typing. Ready, set, GO!:
  • Quitting a job
  • Breaking up
  • Wanting a divorce
  • Lying, lots of lying--saying you are somewhere that you're not
  • Texting in the movies
  • Texting while going 70 mph down I-75
  • Texting while crossing a street in NYC
  • Canceling plans with a friend
  • Canceling any plans
  • Receiving a text from a child while they are at school that says "what's up?' (yes, one of my step sons did that--I believe he spelled it "whatz sup")
  • Replying to one's boss by accident with something racy meant for one's lover
  • Meaning to write something racy to a boss
  • Writing nasty things while in the middle of a divorce (and your soon to be ex wife saves them all and gives them to her attorney)
  • Married people texting "friends" of the opposite sex at all hours of the night
  • Kids "sexting" (while I was married we found pictures that a 14 year old girl sent to one of the twins) This stuff really happens.
Okay, I am sure there is a lot more but you get what I'm saying. I have noticed many of my posts have been related to texting and cell phones. I have a love/hate thing with my phone. Some days I want to fling it in the toilet while other days I thing it is the best invention ever.

I was watching Modern Family (best show ever) and the dorky real estate agent Dad talks about texting the daughter's boyfriend after they break up. I think many people hide behind texts. It is easier for some to text than to have a real conversation. For all my issues with technology--it is a text that changed my life for the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!