Sunday, February 7, 2010

The ManGroomer™ has been neglected

I just did a quick little google to see what comes up under the ManGroomer™search. I found these delights:

This is just such a horrible name for a product - The Mangroomer - I mean, really, whothinks this stuff up???



“Hey baby, want to touch my man groomer?”
I mean..just… ewww!


http://www.mangemerde.com/the-man-groomer/


EWWW Indeed says Penelope!




I was Christmas shopping online the other day, looking for an electric shaver for my 15-year old son, when I came across the Mangroomer. The “Private Body Shaver” and the “Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Shaver” are the names of two Mangroomer models. I think the name itself is really funny. Reminds me of theMansierre from the old Seinfeld days and the word “manboobs” also comes to mind. I’m not sure exactly how I feel about this thing. Is the male population becoming too metro? Do your husbands groom? Have they always groomed or is this a new thing they’re doing? 
My husband came home after visiting one of his perennially single friends last weekend and told me that he had to help his buddy shave his back! This confession alarmed me at first. I mean, it was an odd visual, two construction worker-type dudes shaving each other. Donnie and I had just watched Brokeback Mountain on TNT the week before so that whole gay cowboy theme was still burned into my mind. I know it was a harmless guy helping guy thing to do but still. *shivers* Anyhow, back to the subject, my husband said that someone needs to invent a back shaver that works like using a towel to dry your back because it is just too hard to shave your own back. Uh, ok. First of all, I can’t imagine a towel with razor blades on it. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. And second of all, I think if guys are going to get rid of their back hair, they should use wax or laser. The last thing I want to feel is a bare stubbly back in the middle of…you know. 
I am with you 2 Fun Moms--that shit has Broke Back written all over it!

Apparently the ManGroomer™ brings up a visceral reaction not just in Penelope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!