Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Being Googlable™

So in my personal life I take great pride that I am not Googlable™. Definition: you can try to Google my white ass but you won't find me. My name on Facebook is a shortened version of my real name so that random wacko from 1989 can't find me. Initially I had kept the blog from being open to search engines. I even had a warning about the content (you know ManGroomers are scary and I enjoy the F bomb...) A few of my friends could not access the blog from their work laptops so I removed the warning. Then I got more courageous and opened it to search engines. I can hide behind the Penelope armor! Polly had asked me about what if John (you know I've changed names) ever saw the blog. The majority of you like to comment in private--I get feedback in emails mostly. What if "John" read this?....I would love to hear what you all think. You can comment with anonymous and you don't have to have a sign on name.

My thoughts--my only concern would be if his boys read it and figured out it was about their father. They are 17 and 19. I think that is highly unlikely and it would be if someone shared it. I did not share the blog with any of my Louisiana friends (cuz we all know I wuz kinda harsh on dem in Cajun country there Sha...) I also did not share it with Annie because I would not want to open old wounds and can you imagine having not 1 but 3 children with this Ass Clown? She once told me in a very sad, tired voice, "Penelope, he will always be in my life--graduations, marriages, babies...he will never go away." That is very sad.

Oh yeah...back to my thoughts. I speak the true, I've changed names and we live in a wonderful country where free speech is a right!

Besides, I think this blog is more about other things than my failed marriage.

P Out!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is more about recovery, healing and future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is my thought: FUCK John! If he wants to air his side then he can start his own blog.
    as far as his boys go, they have lived their whole life with him, they KNOW him. He may not CHEAT on them, but he certainly teaches them by the choices he makes. they know whats up.
    I empathize with Annie. I live that very tired thought as well. :(
    again, FUCK JOHN!!! Say it with me peeps....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 Fuck John's...can I get a 4th?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we need another disclaimer that I am NOT THAT JOHN! LOL

    I agree with the Fuck John's. Maybe he should read it. Seeing it in print may be a learning and growth experience for him.

    But in the end, who really gives a shit about John anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!