Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can Girls Just "Do It"?

Tonight I was chatting with a friend about the eternal question...can women fuck like men? Sorry to be so crass. I wanted to have an opening line that would grab you! There's that age old debate that women want more than just sex that can be attributed back to the cave man days where we needed a provider and protector. What does that mean for a woman today that has her own job, house and car? I have a friend that is going through a yucky divorce. She and her soon to be get the fuck out of my house ex are figuring out custody. He is an attorney so he keeps taunting her with statements like, "I could ask for alimony." Ugh. She came over for dinner the other night and we were talking about envisioning future companions. She said, "I don't think women are wired to have no strings attached sex.". My friend tonight told me about hooking up with a "friends with benefits" the other night. He called her less than 5 minutes after leaving her house to saw, "we can't do this again." How is that for afterglow?! My friend obviously got pretty upset. I believe she said something to the effect of..."you were okay about 45 minutes ago when we were in my bed." UGH. 

I have had no strings off again, on again with a guy since the summer of 2008. You may know him as Special Ops Boy. When we met he was very clear about what he was looking for and capable of at that time. I was so numb that I agreed. I don't think about him in googly ways. He is very different than any guy I've ever been with. He is conservative, immersed in his work and kinda cold (I mean that in a good way...really). I am sure the cold part has to do with being in the Navy for > 20 years and the fact that we are not together in that way. He is kind, complimentary, cute...all that stuff. I just know there it is pointless to think about him in any other way than doing it. We talk about life, relationships, books, politics. He knows a lot about me. I know a little about him. I've been able to do it. I will tell him about my dating woes. He encouraged me to like one guy and was not encouraging about Spencer. There is no jealousy or weirdness. He once complimented me on being a "non-psycho." It was quite a compliment. Really. I've wondered if it made me not receptive to meeting guys. I honestly don't think I've been ready prior to this. 

So can girls just "do it"? Polly asked me if I felt depressed after I just "did it". I really didn't. In the beginning I was dealing with the doubts I had after the whole cheating thing (Do I look ok? Is he having fun?) Later I got to know him better and I relaxed. He always says he can't believe he's done it with a democrat. I reply that I can't believe I had a conservative in me (with a condom). Seriously, I think it depends on the girl and where she is coming from. I have been coming from a place of being a bit gun shy and protective. The "relationship" with him has been positive. We've had fun and remained friends over the Internet. Perhaps Special Ops Boy was kinda like the training before a big race?

As for the guy that called my friend to say "no more" 5 minutes after he left her house...I believe I shall make him into a cartoon:


Yes, you can google "Ass Clown"

3 comments:

  1. Girls can do anything they put their minds to....or in this case, detatch from...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... I still can't get over the ass clown picture. Wasn't even 100% I believed you found it, but I googled it as you suggested, and was glorified to find multiple choices in the ass clown image category. I love America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe my answer is yes...but we have to make a conscious choice and then walk away!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!