Friday, February 19, 2010

Dorky Winter Olympic Mittens

You've seen them--they are all the rage:


Well, P's got a story about them. I used to work for a Canadian owned company. We had a meeting in Winnipeg in October. It was cold. And grey. And hard to get to. Well, the VP gave all the reps a special Canadian gift. It was the mittens like in the picture above. We all said thank you (and then we laughed over drinks-Mittens?, WTF!)

I visited my friend in London in November. The whole time I was there I would try to hide the mittens in her stuff or in her boys' bags. It was an ongoing joke. Well, the joke was on me when I opened my suitcase after I got home and the offensive mittens were there!

Anyone that knows me, knows I like to purge and keep things neat. I think I put them in the bag of clothes I donated to the Spring.

Today I sit down to watch Oprah that I taped. It's Matt Lauer from Vancouver reporting on the Winter Olympics. He shows the mittens and says they are THE hot item and they wanted to get some for Oprah, but couldn't find any (of course Oprah already had a pair).

Moral to the story--don't assume the worst. Big bulky mittens with weird stitching about the Olympics may be valuable...shit, I could've sold them on ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!