Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hoarders

Have you watched it? I am drawn to it in a perverse way. How does it happen? How does one get to the point where it is okay to let your cats shit all over and you have to pave a path to get to your bed? I get twitchy if there is a glass or 2 in the sink. I am constantly purging (a metaphor for my life I am sure...)

There is this great guy...one moment while I google his name. Accessing, one  moment...Peter Walsh. He is all about getting rid of clutter. How clutter in your home equates to clutter in your head. I heard an interview with him one time where he said something to the effect that when you buy a bunch of shit, get rid of a bunch of shit (I out that in Penelope lingo, he is much more polite). I subscribe to that rule with everything but books and shoes. Books I go back to over and over and you never know when you need those black patent 4 inch heels with buckles on top (I used them for my Naughty Librarian costume one Halloween).

1 comment:

  1. I have a sick fascination with those hoarders too. We are not that bad, but it is scary at how quickly stuff can accumulate. I just listened to an audio called Homer & Langely that was amazing, about two brothers that lived in NYC on 5th avenue and were hoarders and eventually died in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!