Saturday, October 2, 2010

What If? Part 1

One of my favorite movies is Sliding Doors. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It beautifully illustrates how subtle changes in what you do on a typical day can change your life. Several posts ago I talked about "what ifs?" I have some really deep ones and some really shallow ones. Here's my first off the top of my head list:

What if...
  • I did cardio?
  • I never sold my red, 1974 convertible VW Bug?
  • I had sex with the guy named Kevin in high school, that had a huge schlong, instead of telling him no? (forgot your last name Kevin but, I remember your schlong).
  • I really read Moby Dick, instead of the Cliff Notes?
  • My Dad wouldn't have died so young?
  • I would have never opened the door when John showed up on my door step after I caught him in lie #1 of 5000+ lies?
  • Apple came out with one great ipod that did it all without coming out with a new one every 6 months? (that I inevitably buy).
  • I didn't give a second thought to mean people that I want to inflict The Punisher™ on?

4 comments:

  1. What if I married my first boyfriend at 23?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be horrifying...I wondered about taking it a step further and writing out the different endings. For example, if I did cardio 4X/week I would still be able to fit into most of my clothes and I would avoid clothes rage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ifs are Dementors. They suck your soul if you spend too much time thinking about them. The What nows and What nexts are the important questions.
    gbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. GBS...always the enlighting soul!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!