Saturday, October 2, 2010

Still bitter about the volunteer thing...

Here I am at close to 0200 and I am preparing for a volunteer function in the morning. I've had a hell week with work, I have been preparing for a work meeting next week where I will be presenting to half my company, my hamper is overflowing, my desk is a mess, my right eye keeps doing that involuntary twitching thing  and I have a zit the size of Manhattan on my chin. Maybe I should go to Disney or just cancel at the last minute. 

One of my accounts is a cancer center in Tampa. As I was waiting for my manager to meet me today I watched people walk by with masks on, or the ones pushing the pump that is infusing chemo and saw 2 families crying in the hallway. I bet they wish they could just cancel. Maybe go to Disney. They would love to not follow through with the shitty diagnosis and treatment.  

Lazy people without commitment and follow through SUCK.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still bitter about that too. Shitheads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met tons of survivors and their families today. They were so thankful and so dedicated. It helped me take my bitterness down a notch or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The person you are referring to always puts her family first..which is great except her family does not do the same for her. I look at this way...how sad is that? I am not going to be bitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am referring to "people" canceling at the last minute not just that Disney obsessed person. You are on a different level on the bitterness continuum than I am. I still say they both suck and they are lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and selfish, and have I mentioned I can;t stand when people say they are going to do something and then they don't?

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!