Friday, October 22, 2010

When a man buys you clothes

You are basically fucked. I am not talking a little teddy or a fun bra and underwear set. I'm talking wardrobe. Tops, pants, skirts, shoes...purses are a kiss of death. I was talking with a friend yesterday and we were talking about old boyfriends that tried to control us via our clothes. Even worse, the guy I am reminiscing about had his MOTHER shop for the clothing gifts for me. Picture this--I'm in my late 20's and a 60ish year old woman is buying me Liz Claiborne shit. One time, I opened a Christmas gift from him. It was big gold earring hoops. She said, "Dear, they are NOT costume." I recently sold those mutha fuckers since gold has gone up and I only do silver or platinum.

As for purses as gifts from the one you do...true story: I worked with a nurse and her husband (also a nurse) used to buy her all kinds of Coach stuff. Purses, wallets and keychains. He would even treat them with the leather stuff they always shove down your throat. He came "out" about 8 years ago. End of story.

*Penelope disclaimer: It's okay in my book if you give the man the complete description of the purse or clothes you want and then they get it as a giftie. It's the control thing that freaks me out (and the possibility of being married to a man that has more fashion sense than me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!