Saturday, October 9, 2010

I don't wanna

I got back late last night from my meeting. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people I work with--not so much. My new boss drives me bonkers. Calls constantly with complete disregard for time of day--7 to 8 pm is his favorite time to call. It is my favorite time to hit "decline" on my phone. I am working a meeting next week that happens to be at the convention center here in Tampa. He asked me and 2 other guys on my team to go to his house for dinner on Wednesday night. This would be AFTER a reception that concludes at 8:30 PM MUTHA FUCKIN PM and he lives a good 40  minutes away from me. He smokes, loves curry and he has told me he has 5 cats and 3 of them piss all over the house. I would rather impale myself on an E.coli encrusted fork than go to his home. A couple of my co-workers told me to go. things like, "he does your expense reports, play nice..." Here are my thoughts:

  • I think it is inappropriate to go to your director's house. It blurs lines.
  • I hate Indian food. 
  • I hate cat piss.
  • I DON'T WANNA

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on 1,2 and 4 but Indidan food is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes...and he always says, "I want to build trust with the team." That kinda talk makes my skin crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call up the 3P's.....

    Protest: Sorry, can't do that, I don't believe in personal visits to the supervisor's house, etc, and stand on your ethical ground.
    Play: Just go along, be miserable and smile the entire time you are trying to hold your breath and not suck in the poison cat pee molecules (there has to be a surgeon general warning there)
    Pretend: That afternoon text him that you are coming down with a bitch of a UTI. migraine, (or some other thing that makes men uncomfortable) and you just need to go home, sorry...would have loved to have met your cats, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!