Thursday, July 1, 2010

Being a good student

I was just putting away my Fresh Market Margarita pizzas in my fridge and I saw my ziplock baggie with Annie's name on it. I'm going to have to call Miss Tarot Card because that shit ain't working. Annie wrote me a long email last week asking me to call her to talk about job interviews. 

How are you? I hope things are finally peaceful for you. I seem to be doing much better since the anxiety has not attacked me again.
I have an interview with the regional manager of this device company on July 5th.
I need help. What do I wear? Where is the best place to shop for a suit or outfit for the interview?
I have my brag book . If it were you what else would you prepare for before the interview. I am so out of the selling loop.
I really value your opinion and you do so well in interviews since you always land the job!
Any advice is welcome!

I was a puss when she wrote her first email a couple of weeks ago telling me she was looking for a new job. I sent her a list of recruiters and gave her the "things are so busy" line. She called me and I didn't call her back. Now another email. Several of my friends have told me I need to write a quick "I wish you the best on your job search, I'm moving on, it is best we don't talk, see ya" email. It is so funny, I am The Punisher™ and I will kick a mutha fucka's ass, but I don't want to deal with her. I feel like I set boundaries with her over and over when I was married to John. I am tapped out on boundary setting. I am a firm believer that the same lesson keeps presenting itself until it is learned.

My lesson is nipping shit. Wonder if I can take an online course. Nipping Shit 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!