Monday, July 5, 2010

F*ck Its

Tampa has tons of homeless people (or tons of people with signs on the corner asking for money). It has been pouring this weekend and the corners have been vacant. I found myself being secretly relieved that I didn't have to go through my no eye contact dance. There is great debate if the people are really without jobs or people out making extra money or people who have mental illness that have no where else to go. That's a whole other blog...

It made me think about what pushes someone to say "fuck it?" I hope I am not going out on a limb when I share that I have the "fuck its" go through my mind several times a day. I consider myself to be fairly optimistic. I look back on my life and realize that I came really close to never finishing school and waiting tables until I'm 70. For whatever reason, I decided to work on creating a better life. I still have daily fuck its...

The daily brushes with "fuck it":
  • Clock goes off at 0700. Fuck it--hit snooze.
  • I should get on the elliptical. Fuck it--I'll do it later.
  • Get up and look in mirror. Internal debate over whether or not I can get an extra day out of my blow out. Fuck it. I'm not washing it.
  • Breakfast choices--I can make oatmeal and I have some strawberries to put in. Fuck it--I'l drive through Chick-Fil-A and get a Coke and a biscuit.
You get the theme...there are already 4 Fuck Its before 0900. These are little fuck its, but they can lead to big FUCK ITS. 2 out of the 4 Fucks Its have direct impact on my health. I come from a long line of cardiac illness and I have control over how I take care of myself and the bad cardiac gene pool I've been dealt.

Dear Readers, let's all be more aware of our little fuck its so they don't become BIG FUCK ITS!


2 comments:

  1. But it is so easy to say! No easy way to get around them really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT posting. I feel at times my whole life was "Fuck Its". Just starting to not say it anymore (or at least not as much).

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!