Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sodom and Google

Several of my friends and blog followers were concerned that I looked up Pao on Facebook. It's like I had been through AA, stayed sober for years and all of sudden I went and got wasted. My friend Polly sent me an email that simply read, "Why did you look her up? Do it again and I will cut you." That's true friendship. A friend that will cut you if you google the woman that screwed the artist formerly known as your husband in your bed. 

No worries Dear Readers. It sucked to look at her picture but I am still super strong. I"ll admit I had those really profound thoughts such as:
  • Girl, she is fat...
  • Ew--look at that cheap shirt.
  • Ha--that purse is made of pleather.
Okay, That stuff doesn't matter. I have thought about why I looked her up. It all has to do with where my head was at the precise googling moment. Work has been pretty stressful. I've been dealing with some not so pleasant customers. I work with a psycho. I had to call her a couple of days ago and lay down the law. One of my final quotes to her was, "this job is hard enough without this petty, backbiting stuff behind the scenes."  I also had a confrontation with a person I had been doing business with over the last 2 years about money. To top it off, I had a tough conversation with a friend via email about the state of our friendship. I recall feeling a bit anxious at the precise moment of the googlification of Pao. John and Yoko have not entered my mind in a long time. It is funny that my friend GBS told me to remember Lot's wife. I was looking back at Sodom (metaphorically and in the comfort of my own home). I'm safe. I did not turn into a pillar of salt. One thing I do know is I will not do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Good..Pao does not deserve your priceless energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Sulie, but I understand all too well how we all fall back inot that trap. Luckily I have a couple of friends that administer tough love when needed, even though I don't always listen.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!