Sunday, August 1, 2010

95% Done

I got a mani/pedi on Friday. I asked the shop owner Kim about Pao's new last name. She knows the whole John and Pao story. Kim's Mom is Vietnamese and her father is Chinese. She speaks Vietnamese, Chinese and English (very well--she has lived her since she was 7). You should have heard her spewing in Vietnamese to the other ladies in the shop asking about why Pao was Pao Trang and now she's Pao Dang. It sounded like: dannn dunn ai eeee uuuuuu Pao Trang deeeeeeee duuunnnnngg Pao Dang. Kim's hands were flying, the ladies faces got serious and then they laughed. They decided that Pao may have used her mother's last name in the letters she wrote to John, but that Dang is her father's last name. Gail (real name something like dan dunn keee) asked me, "why the hell you look her up?" I said, "I said I was feeling weird that day and I just did it." Kim then asked me if I thought Gail was pretty. I said yes (Gail is very pretty). She said, "let's take a picture of Gail and send it to your ex husband with a note that says Hey Fatty, here is a pretty Vietnamese woman unlike the one you are with now." I laughed and told Kim I was done with all that. Maybe not 100% (if I was I wouldn't have asked about her dumb ass name), but 95% done.

1 comment:

  1. 95% is good enough, especially if the last 5% gives you those kind of laughs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!