Saturday, August 7, 2010

Self Sabotage

I emailed with an Internet friend I met through blogging a couple of days ago. The subject of "self sabotage" came up. I've been thinking about it off and on all week. Lawd knows I done it with men. I've also touched on self sabotaging when it comes to weight. I joke with my friends that I can lose/gain 10 lbs in a weekend. Last week I started the Yeast Connection Diet. The premise is to kill all the overgrowth of yeast in your body (all of it--not just the front butt kind). It is no sugar, no bread...it sucks. I stuck to it for several days and the muffin melted away before my eyes! My Pilates instructor noticed it. I actually felt better too. Then I ate pizza and drank a glass of wine. Once I did that the "fuck it's" kicked in and I started the next day with a coke and a biscuit. WTH? I saw that I could cut back on the bad stuff and that I had positive results, yet I went back to my wicked ways. 

When I googled "self sabotage" I got:

About 388,000 results (0.26 seconds) 
Lots of self sabotaging going on!

I think I will post this picture on my fridge:



Seriously, what kind of thoughts lead to things like:
  • He's lied to me before, but I know he loves me.
  • But one glass of coke won't make a difference.
  • I'll do cardio tomorrow instead.
  • But there's no good guys.
  • I hate what I do, but I make good money...
  • But I love bread!
I have a bag full o'buts. I know it is all about fear. If I took those same bullet points 
from above....




  • He's lied to me before, but I know he loves me. 
  • Fear of being alone.
  • But one glass of coke won't make a difference. 
  • Fear of not having anything to blame for being single.
  • I'll do cardio tomorrow instead. 
  • Ditto. Thinking thin=happy.
  • But there's no good guys. 
  • Fear of being hurt again.
  • I hate what I do, but I make good money... 
  • Fear of starting something new.
  • But I love bread! 
  • I really do love bread.


1 comment:

  1. I always wish I were strong willed when it came to food. I can explain away just about anything if I am hungry enough. I have to be on some sort of strict regiment to lose weight, I can't just "eat healthy" all the time. And...it is getting about time to get on some sort of schedule again. I'm feeling yucky.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!