Saturday, August 7, 2010

Karma

I just learned that something bad has happened to someone from my past. Someone that hurt me and seemed to not have remorse. I heard the news and I felt such a mixture of emotions. A little bit sick, sad, giddy, with a dash of I-knew-that-would-happen-someday. I don't feel right blogging about the incident. I do feel okay writing about the feelings around it. I  think you get what you give. I've read a lot about karma. I don't feel qualified to describe it, other than it has to do with action, particularly the motivation of an action. I can recall wishing all kinds of bad things when I was dealing with the hurt after the breakup with this person. Themes of--he's going to end up broke and alone, he's going to pay for this, and he will lose everything. Now I've heard that things are at rock bottom. I'm not dancing. I'm not completely pure--I did smile as I went through the gamut of emotions. Now I feel numb. 

2 comments:

  1. No, you don't wish really bad stuff to happen, but I do walk away from toxic people knowing that karma WILL take care of them. I sleep at night because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The almighty Karma...I know it's not a good thing to be vindictive and that it takes away from the good energy you could be feeling instead, yada, yada...HOWEVER, if said person was dancing in delirious delight while you suffered because of him, lost things you valued (not material things), and it set you back on "Your Path" to being settled...I do believe it's ok to revel a bit in his bad choices catching up with him. I don't advocate CAUSING them to happen to him, but if they do and he gets to know what rock bottom feels like, he might be less likely to send someone there again.
    Polly

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!