Saturday, August 21, 2010

Meet Ups

Many of you may be familiar with Meet Ups. They have really taken off in the last couple of years. The description on the website is: 

Helps groups of people with shared interests plan meetings and form offline clubs in local communities around the world.

Look at this little gem that was sent to me last week. It initially caught my eye because the picture contains one of my favorite wines to drink on a hot summer day--Sokol Blosser Evolution. 15 bucks when I want to splurge at Fresh Market, but I digress...back to this Meet Up:


I can't stop laughing! Not only are they liberal, but they are atheist AND child free! My mind is racing with the  meet up groups I want to start:

  • Tampa Area Bitter Single Women that Like to Tie One On Group
  • Tampa Bay Do I Really Have to Continue to Work at this Bullshit Job and Deal with Assholes I'd Rather Stay Home and Read Books Fuck All of You Group
  • The Florida Fuck Its Group
Going back to that page--here's one of the guys that RSVP'd:

Rob--Existential atheist, childfree, Johnny Walker lover here. I'll checkout the meetups depending on time/place. Music is my other big motivator--the next hardest thing to find here.We need an atheist EDM/trance group so I go to The Castle until then.

This guy needs to start his own Electronic Dance Music, Scotch Drinking, Atheist Group! The Castle is a bar in Ybor City (historic neighborhood in Tampa where they made cigars back in the day). Used to be cool, now it is overflowing with undesirables. I have not been to The Castle since 1996ish. Perhaps I need to get on down there to meet eligible young men like Rob...




4 comments:

  1. Sign me up for the Florida Fuck Its group. I will chair the East Coast Chapter of the FFIs for you. (I just heard that last year the US alone used enough bottled water to wrap around the Earth 190 times ---- so how about the Bitter Single Women Who Lived With Cheating Assholes Against Bottled Water Group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I like it. I would join and dial into the meetings remotely. The bottled water thing gets me too. I love it when a waiter looks at me like I'm a freak when I say tap is fine. On the Babies movie she is playing with an old plastic bottle. How ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you make this stuff up. Just so I can sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do screen shots from my computer so you will know I'm not making it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!