Wednesday, August 25, 2010

LinkedIn with the Past

LinkedIn is almost as bad as Facebook. Here's why...last night I got this email from an old work friend:


Here u r again with John. When are u gonna stop it???

Sent from my iPhone



Keith

Begin forwarded message:



 
LinkedIn Network Updates Aug 17 - Aug 24   FEATURED UPDATES
   
PROFILE
  • Penelope Web   has an updated profile (Experience) 
  • Pat Thompson has an updated profile (Experience, Education) 
  • John Vienna Sausage  is now Director-Outreach Development at XYZ Hospital 


I changed some names to protect the innocent (i.e. ME), but you get the idea. What are the chances that I'm in the same update as fuckwad? So I click on John's profile and see he has recommended a woman we used to work with--what do you make of this?:


J is a highly qualified sales professional with exceptional knowledge in various disease states. J’s ability to provide solutions and insight into the treatment and management of various medical conditions has been invaluable to me. She is clear, accurate, and prompt when providing information on the constantly changing healthcare environment. Her dedication to quality customer and patient service is without reproach.” June 30, 2010 


A little background on J. John once told me that she "put the moves" on him at a meeting. I asked him if they had been together. He said no (this was before we dated). I think that recommendation answered my question. J was one of those super tan, works out all the time, implanted, botoxed types. I almost fell off the chair when I read that recommendation. She once asked on a conference call if a Veteran's Hospital is a government account. Let me repeat, is a Veteran's Hospital a government account? Lawd.

"without reproach"???? I think I just peed my pants....

1 comment:

  1. Well...all I have to say is thank Buddha he was able to secure a job. I really don't like how LinkedIn autosuggests people to you. A couple of weeks ago, it autosuggested my old boss..PUKE.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!