Sunday, September 12, 2010

Am I mad?

A reader asked if I had come across another cheater type after she read my Ethan Hawke post. I just reread that post. I meant for it to be funny. My humor has always been sardonic. Love that word. 9th Grade Vocabulary for the College Bound Student:

sardonic |särˈdänik|adjectivegrimly mocking or cynical Starkey attempted a sardonic smile.DERIVATIVESsardonically |-ik(ə)lē| adverbsardonicism |-ˈdänəˌsizəm| noun
Am I mad? Nah. Have I come across another cheater/liar? Nah. I can't remember that last time I did it. A couple of months ago. Believe it or not, I don't always do it and tell!
As my reader friend pointed out in her message, there probably is some pain that can be read between the lines. I didn't even realize it. When I recount the stories there has to be something to it. I don't get the racing heart or sweaty hands anymore. Just the recurrent theme of WHY didn't I see the RED FLAGS! Not so much anger at them anymore--it is more being upset with me for not thinking I deserved better.
Note to self--as I forgive (or in some cases forget) the idiots, I need to remember to forgive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!