Monday, September 6, 2010

Long Distance

Long Distance...never a good phrase. Shitty things that contain "Long Distance":
  • Long Distance drive
  • Long Distance rates (do they still exist?)
  • Long Distance runner (ugh, why would anyone do that???)
  • Long Distance Relationships (now that one really sucks)

I went to see Going The Distance today. I am on a chick flick run these days. It was cute. You gotta love drew Barrymore and the Mac Guy. It had immature humor that was right up my alley and pop culture references that were meaningful to me like when she asks him, "Name the top 3 albums that made an impact on you" and his first answer is "Licensed to Ill" (that would have been my answer too, along with Frampton Comes Alive (laid on the LR floor and listened to it on the Magnavox Console--very 70's) and Rush 2112 (I can still sing the entire album like I am still in my room circa 1979ish with huge Koss headphones on..."And the meek shall inherit the earth!"). But I digress.

Long Distance Relationships suck ass. My friend was just telling me about discovering that her BF who lives somewhere cold and far away just admitted he had slept with another woman (s). Woman(s) = Women. I told her she could date someone like that that lives in Tampa. Not to make light--I felt for her as she told me that they had agreed to be monogamous and that meant unprotected sex. She's another super smart, successful, pretty, happening woman. Shit, I digress again...

Back to Long Distance Relationships sucking ass. I've been in 2. Ironically, they were both with the men that I ended up marrying. Analyze that! I watched that movie and I knew I would NEVER be in a LD relationship again. A LD man is just another unavailable man in sheep's clothing. Or something like that. You know what I'm saying.

Let me end with a profound quote from The Beastie Boys related to regret:

I Shouldn't Have Looked Back Man I'll Always Regret It
Something's Going On And I'll Probably Never Get It
She Was Crying Like A Baby - Stupid Dumb
It's Just Too Bad That Girl's A Bum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!