Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Good Smack

My friend has a 15 year old son. He is a typical 15 year old boy...charming at times, apathetic at other times and always cute. The other day we were all in a group and someone spoke to him. He kinda shrugged and didn't have eye contact to the adult. My friend's Mom (Grandma) leaned over to me and said, "He needs a good smack." I think I peed. That expression just sums it up. How many times a day do I meet someone that needs a GOOD SMACK? It made me think of the expressions my Mom would say:
  • Don't make me stop this car
  • Don't get flip with me Missy!
  • I outta knock your teeth straight down your throat (sounds harsher than it really was...)
  • That mouth needs a good washing with Ivory liquid
  • Girls, you are getting a bit too rambunctious (I can't make that shit up...)
A good smack has become my mantra. When someone pisses me off I say to myself (and sometimes out loud), "they need a good smack."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!