Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sulie is back!

I am back!!  Penelope asked me the other day if I was going to write a sequel to my earlier blog..so here I am.  Thank you everyone for your well wishes.  I did get a job…in fact a better job than the last one.  More money, more responsibility, a chance to work with smart people and so far, there does not appear to massive, undiagnosed mental illness on board (I am sure it will come out later).  I am still in the honeymoon period.  I knew I was feeling better when I went back to my favorite thing to do when I am alone in my house…listening to my iPod while watching TV.  I dance around listening to my loud tunes.  It is my thing...it use to make my mom shake her head.  I look at it as a way to experience all the entertainment I can.


I have had setbacks…but that is to be expected.  The fools I used to work for filed an appeal for my unemployment.  What that meant is that I had to participate in a telephonic hearing where I had to listen to the HR Director and the CEO speak about why I should not get unemployment. Basically it was 10 minutes of hearing that I suck.  I had my chance to respond and I believe I did a good job.  I was professional, but let the referee know that those fools did not have a leg to stand on.  Whatever the outcome is, I know I stood up for myself and know that the boss was too much of a pussy to be on the call.  Rather telling, don’t you think? That little episode made me think back to my desire to make them pay.  Do I file a complaint with the EEOC because I was terminated for lesser offense than my boss did two years ago?  Do I respond to the financial review that had incorrect information?  Or do I listen to the advice of my good friend, Pop?  Pop is an older gentleman (father of Polly) and one of the greatest human beings I have ever met.  He tells it like it is and makes you feel like you are the most important person in the room when he is talking to you.  I asked Pop, ”What would you do?”.  He looked off at the distance and said “Sulie…don’t bother with them”.  He explained that would only continue the pain that I have experienced.  The exact same words of another of the greatest human beings I have met, L.  I still fight with it though.  I have this great desire for revenge.  I saw someone who I used to work with at the store the other day (someone I liked) and in the 15 minutes, I went from classy (I have a great job..they did me a huge favor) to trashy (I called the CEO evil..this person really respects the CEO).  Penelope did not think that was such a great idea…I know that too, but I did not care.  Is that so wrong?  I am human and what happened was shitty.  I know that this journey is still in progress and I have made tremendous advances, but I am still really mad.  I will get over it… 


3 comments:

  1. I think Pop is wise. I'm not sure that making good on a vendetta would help you with your reputation or career. Let it go, and move forward knowing that no good (or bad) deed goes undone. You have won in my book, because you have gotten a better job with better pay, so screw 'em. Hats off to you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy!! I agree with you, especially since I found out today that I won my unemployment hearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things come to good people and you are good people. Thanks for the update. I hope the new job is great for years to come.
    gbs

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!