Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My "Professional" Network

People, I have been saying that technology is going to be the downfall of humankind.  I was on LinkedIn today responding to some emails. I saw the box on the right of the screen that says "People You May Know". I looked at the first few names and Special Ops Boy's wife's name was on there. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? Seriously, she has a common first name and an uncommon last name for the U.S. (or surname as the Brits say). The industry listed for her was not related to anything I do (or my friends do). What are the chances of that name coming up? I was afraid to click on the link. Would I go down some type of cheating bunny hole? Would my name come up in her list of "People You May Know"? Does LinkedIn magically have access to my address book on my email? Did I give it access a couple of years ago and forget? Do cheater/liars really use the same email address for their wives and the women they are fucking?

What does that connection on LinkedIn look like...
  • Click "connect"
  • Select How Do You Know SOB's Wife? Here are the choices:
How do you know SOB's Wife?
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Include a personal note: (Optional)


Hi,
You don't know me, but I KNOW your husband. He forgot to tell me about you and the baby. I'll be in D.C. next month. Let's do lunch!
Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!