Tuesday, December 21, 2010

70's Christmas Toys

My friend Polly and I were talking about toys from the 70's She brought up the Chrissy Doll.  You could make her hair longer and push something and it was retract and get shorter.

I told Polly about a doll that grew boobs. She didn't believe me. Ask Google and you shall find! It was Growing Up Skipper! People, I can't make this shit up:




I was a tomboy so dolls weren't my bag. I liked to cut Barbie's hair off and pierce her ears with the pins my Mom used for sewing with the colored balls on the end.

I LOVED Lite Brite! Lite Brite making things with light, dynamite making things with Lite Brite!
The best was the Easy Bake Oven. I may have been a tomboy, but it didn't stop me from rocking that thing and making brownies and cakes! I remember serving our delicious desserts to my Dad.
I worked with a guy several years ago that was married with 3 boys. His wife grew up really poor. She always wanted an Easy Bake Oven when she was little and her family couldn't afford it. It was the first Christmas gift he ever gave her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!