Saturday, December 11, 2010

Turning Crazy Into Something Good

Isn't it crazy how the mind works? I had a conversation with my friend about guys in uniform. I said it does nothing for me. She said it was hot. I go to the store and I see a bunch of guys in fatigues with Navy on the front. I thought "ugh". A couple of them had wedding bands on. One of them gave me the once over and smiled. I stared back at him with a blank look. I thought you are all probably a bunch of liars and cheaters. It was a gross generalization on my part that all men in the military are liars and cheats. Then I started thinking they don't need a uniform. Maybe it is all men are liars and cheats. I think we all know where that came from!

I came home and thought about sending off a cheerly little holiday email. I figured I could cut and paste and tailor it for the respective recipients--something like:

Merry Christmas Fuckwad, (this greeting works for all)
I wonder if your (wife, girlfriend, mistress) has figured out that you are a liar. 
How does it feel when you look at your (sons, daughter, baby)?
I still think you are a piece of shit.
Love,
Penelope

Fortunately I have deleted the email addresses of all the AssClowns worthy of receiving that email.

I decided to turn that frown upside down and thought about who I could write a nice note to instead of a venom filled, wacko email:
  • Mr. B.-- My 10th grade English Lit teacher that came and looked for me when I ran away from home after my Mom found my birth control pills and called me a slut.
  • Judy--The lady that worked at the answering service with me when I was 18. She gave me $20 when I was really broke and had no money for groceries. I heard she had a stroke a few years ago.
  • Cleopatra--The lady that used to help my Mom when we were little. She would read me stories. I never understood why the stories were different every time when she read them to me. I realized later she was illiterate and she made up stores according to the pictures in the books. When my father died my Mom found a sympathy card in our mailbox with no address or stamp. Inside it just had a single "X". It was from Cleopatra.
  • Miss Addison--The best 1st grade teacher ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!