Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Punisher™ at the hair salon

I'm doing it again...breaking up with a hairdresser. I always make 10:00 a.m. appointments so I will be the first client and there is no risk of her being behind. I get there today at 09:55 and I sit down and look at a magazine. I have a Christmas card with a Nordstrom's gift card for her. 10:00. Maybe it's bad traffic. 10:05. 10:10. I look at my watch dramatically. 10:15. She walks in. Doesn't say hello. Goes to her station and starts to blow dry her hair. At that point I am SMOKIN' PISSED. I pick up the card and slide it back into my purse. I say to the receptionist, "does she know I'm here?"  She says yes. I do the WHAT THE FUCK hand motion. She goes and whispers in my hairdresser's ear. It is now mutha fuckin' 10:20. She calls me back and tells me her blow dryer broke at home. I nod and look at her reflection in the mirror. She goes and mixes my color. She comes back and puts the color on while telling me she has another client coming in and it works better that we started late so I won't have the color on too long while she cuts the other client's hair. At this point I am scrolling through my friends and texting them for their hairdresser's numbers. I'm thinking about all the times I sit there waiting when I'm the first client. I hate the way I end up drenched when she washes my hair. I don't stay in bad relationships. Why should I stay in this?

I pay. It looks good but not good enough to return.  I smile and say, "Happy Holidays". I walk by the receptionist without making my next appointment. 

The Punisher™ shall go elsewhere. Wonder what I'll get at Nordstrom's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!