Thursday, December 16, 2010

Get What You Need

I got a voicemail today from my friend that lives in Chapel Hill.  Last year for Christmas I gave her a knitted beret and gloves where you could take the finger parts off and button them back (for easy texting, phone dialing, etc). They were quite sassy. We've been friends since college. She nicely said that she didn't think she would use them (they were fashionable, but maybe not so functional) and she exchanged them for something else. In her voicemail, she told me that she got up today and wanted to wear a hat since it was icy outside. She tried on all her winter hats and thought, "I need a beret". Yeah, like the fucking one Penelope gave me last year...and some fingerless gloves. We laughed about it today when we spoke live.

She said the moral was that you get what you need. Mick was right.

Think of that when you open up a gift this year that may not be exactly what you had on your wish list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!