Friday, December 10, 2010

If you blog does it mean you are a narcissist?

One of my friends sent me a link to another blog. He commented that my posting rate had dropped off. Many others have asked me why I don't write as much as I used to write. It's funny...I have started to wonder if I wrote too much. I worried I may come off as a narcissistic whiner. I have even toyed with shutting it down since I am coming up on a year of blogging. 

I still have all the shit in my head. I just haven't been writing it down as much. I've also noticed since I've been on Pristiq, I am less inclined to sit down and bang it out on the computer. I'm not sad anymore, but I'm also not real motivated. I'm not sure it is a fair trade off. I know I'm still funny (exhibit A: Johan). I've just really slowed down. 

Seriously, I wonder if writing all this stuff about me, me, me is narcissistic? My Mom was really big on being humble...almost to the point of me being really shy and having zero self esteem (that is a blog for another day). When I first started, several folks told me they couldn't believe how much I wrote. It made me feel kinda embarrassed. So maybe it is good that I have slowed down thanks to the wonders of Pristiq.

There is good and bad to everything. Good that I am not depressed. Bad that I am happy to stay home and read all day. Good that I don't ruminate as much. Bad that I could give a shit if I meet a guy or have sex. 

In the end, it has been very helpful to be medicated. I sat through 3 days of a bullshit meeting and kept my mouth shut. I felt no remorse in putting Johan in various poses and taking pictures with my phone. It is even weirder that no one asked me what the hell I was doing...

Johan only likes the best restaurants...

I was able to have idle conversation about shit that I couldn't care less about. I did 2 presentations. I smiled. Thank GOD for Johan and Pristiq.

3 comments:

  1. I have missed your posts. I find them hilarious, witty and totally relatable. Don't get rid of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't narcissism it is beyond that. Just because it is about you doesn't mean it is only for you. Think about us, your loyal readers. We need this bit of entertainment every few days. Some folks read Dear Abby others read Penelope.
    gbs

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!