Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boycotting Stuff

I'm all about boycotting. I broke one of my boycotts on Sunday. It was the Tahitian Inn. I swore I would not go there anymore. The service had gotten so bad I could not take it anymore. What got me back was the fact that south Tampa has very few good breakfast restaurants. I tried it. The service was good. I'm back (for now). Another boycott I broke was Walgreen's. They pissed me of in Louisiana. I can't even remember what it was--it probably had to do with a toothless Cajun. I also reneged on my Chick-Fil-A boycott. My love for an a.m. biscuit and coke overrode my disdain for the lady in the drive-thru.

Here are some boycotts I will not bend on:
  • Walmart: I can not give money to a store that is responsible for such fuckedupness of the economy. I can't tell you how many sales people I sat next to on planes while they were on their way to and from Bentonville. They told me stories that made me sick. The book The Walmart Effect will curl your toes.
  • Wright's Deli: They put things on their billboard that should be left unsaid. I don't want to know about their politics. I will get my turkey on rye elsewhere.
  • Pei Wei: I've given them 3 chances. I'm done. If I want to get treated like shit by a 20 year old girl it will be on my terms. 
  • United Airlines: They suck ass. Planes always need maintenance and they lose your bags. 
  • US Air: Ditto.
  • Yellow Cab in Tampa (and most cities): They try to rip you off by acting like they don't know where they are going to get a bigger fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!