Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm just shoveling horse shit

Do you ever heard someone say, "just be present" or "be in the moment"? I get it, but it is REALLY hard. The whole just be present thing is really pertinent to me right now. I am waiting to hear about a decision that is important to me. I will not hear until the middle of the first week of January. I find that I am often racing ahead with a to-do list in my mind or thinking about what happened last night, last week or even last year. I was talking to my friend Jilly the other day. She is the one I go to when I feel like I am spinning. She has several horses. She said she was in the barn the other day mucking out a stall. She said she just thought to herself, "I am shoveling horse shit." She didn't think about the Christmas gifts she needed to get for her boys, the grocery shopping, the party she was having the next night or the other things on her mental to do list. She stayed focused on shoveling the horse shit. 

I'm off this whole week. I can choose to obsess and spin on "what ifs?" or just stay in the moment. I will choose to stay focused on the horse shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!