Saturday, December 11, 2010

Law and Dating Part Thrice

Previously on Law and Dating

Friend had gotten Cop Friend to tell very personal story about his oldest daughter. We were speechless while shoveling chili in our mouths.

Thursday night 2030 Hours

I sensed that Cop Friend was a bit uneasy telling such a personal story. The conversation switched to questioning suspects and how to tell if someone is lying. Friend's son came home and we chatted with him a bit. We ate some fabulous apple pie that Friend made. Cop said he needed to get back out to work. Cop Friend said he would also need to get going. He had to get up at 0400 for work. Friend walked into the kitchen and left me alone. I walked Cop Friend to the door and said the typical nice to meet you stuff. He hugged me goodbye and asked for my number. I told him that Cop would get it to him (I had no pen and paper and it was freezing at the doorstep). We said our goodbyes.  

Thursday night 2130 Hours

Friend and I sat in her living room debriefing. We discussed the getting his baby daughter story. She asked what I thought of him. I told her how touched I was by the story and he was super nice. I said I was embarrassed to say that I wasn't attracted to him.  The super tall, thin thing is not my type. Throw in weird light blue Dad jeans and I'm kinda done. She asked why I gave him my number. We discussed the insane pattern of me (and ~98% of all women) being attracted to the not so nice guys. Friend astutely pointed out that the guys that were the opposite of Cop Friend weren't really working out for me. I had to agree.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!